Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 30 June 2023
Job Title: Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester and Strood)
Salary: In Line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Kelly is recruiting a full-time Caseworker/Constituency Support Officer to join her team based in the constituency office in Rochester.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic individual, be highly motivated and able to work as part of a small team. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential, as is the ability to multi-task and manage a large workload.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent writing skills and telephone manner
• Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail
• A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
• Competent use of IT system
• Logging and progressing casework
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and darfting responses to constituents.
• Organising and attending surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituent issues.
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member
• Deal with daily enquires from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues
• Manage own caseload and progress casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries followed up.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Analyse and monitor patterns of issues highlighted through casework and produce reports.
• Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case by adhering to Data Protection Act principles and respect confidentiality of data at all times.
• Undertake general administrative tasks
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
We may interview and appoint earlier than the closing date, if a suitable applicant is identified.
Please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org