Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 23 June 2023
Job Title: Account Director (Nature)
Working For: Seahorse Environmental
Length of Contract: Permanent
We’re an award-winning team specialising in public affairs, strategy and communications. We help pioneering organisations advocate for positive environmental action in the transition to a net zero and nature positive world.
We work across a wide range of topics including nature and ocean conservation, energy and clean tech, and sustainability, providing evidence-based and results-driven solutions to create positive change. Dedicated to our clients, passionate about our impact and thoughtful about our approach, we are a close-knit team with strong connections across government, civil society and business.
This role is well suited to a skilled communicator with prior experience of working on biodiversity and nature projects and campaigns. You have an existing network in the environment sector and previous experience of engaging with policy makers. You are dynamic and entrepreneurial, energised by building relationships and securing new business opportunities.
You will lead our work on nature (including marine) conservation, designing and implementing campaigns for Seahorse's NGO and corporate clients. You will play an active part in the general leadership of the company, supporting the Board Directors in the setting and achieving of strategic ambitions, as well as mentoring and managing junior colleagues.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically and lead client accounts
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and guide account teams to deliver to the client’s expectations
- An active network of relationships that embraces political, business, NGO and creative contacts
- Ability to be agile and proactive: excellent prioritisation skills for client service, team management and capacity planning
- Previous experience of planning and delivering PR and political campaigns with an environmental focus, either in agency or in house
- Eagerness to create and pursue new business opportunities
- Passion for and understanding of the nature and biodiversity landscape in the UK and internationally
- Demonstrable understanding of the science and evidence underpinning environmental policy and conservation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working on ocean conservation campaigns
- Media and PR experience
- Experience of working on international briefs
Closing Date: 23 June 2023
To apply for this job please submit your CV and a short cover letter to Tatiana Yates email@example.com. Please get in touch with any questions in advance of submitting your application.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the environment and communication sectors.