Date Added: 25 May 2023
: 29 June 2023
Job Title: Events and Content Executive / Senior Events and Content Executive
Working For: The Whitehall & Industry Group
Salary: £27,578 / £29,400 per annum dependent on skills & experience.
Length of Contract: Permanent
At The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG), we believe society works better when people in business, government and the not-for-profit sectors can learn from each other and collaborate, for the greater good.
As an independent, non-lobbying charity, we make that happen. We encourage people across these sectors – and sometimes from different parts of the same sector – to come together and develop mutual co-operation, understanding and learning.
WIG is looking to appoint an Events and Content Executive or Senior Events and Content Executive, dependent on experience. This role reports to the Head of Events and Content, working very closely with our membership and teams across the organisation to create and coordinate a wide range of events within our hybrid programme.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in and understanding of policy, a proactive attitude to managing a busy workload, exceptional attention to detail, and demonstrate a flexibility and willingness to get involved in all aspects of event and content creation, from research and inception of the idea to on the day delivery.
They will be joining a friendly, fun, inclusive and purpose-driven team. There will be the opportunity to work with senior stakeholders across Whitehall, industry and the not-for-profit sector, and at a crucial point; helping not only to further WIG’s charitable cause, but also ultimately to help curate knowledge sharing and assist with shaping both policy and decision making.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of around 40 events a year, these will be both digital and face to face.
- Research and develop an agreed portion of these events, around issues of critical relevance to WIG members.
- Monitor significant policy developments and private sector initiatives to inform the production of events and written content across a range of formats.
- Learn how to market events to WIG’s membership using our CRM system.
- Write concise, accurate, and engaging copy for website and emails.
- Liaise with and brief senior speakers, chairs, and roundtable attendees.
- Liaise with venues and hosts regarding all event logistics.
- Manage delivery on the day to ensure smooth running of events (including early morning and evening events and those that are outside of London).
Closing Date: 29 June 2023
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis
Start date negotiable, by end August 2023.
Further information on the role can be found here: https://www.wig.co.uk/internal-vacancies/events-and-content-executive-senior-events-and-content-executive
To apply for this role, please submit a CV via the WIG Website above or via email to Stephanie Pearce at The Whitehall & Industry Group; email@example.com
Steph would also be happy to hear from you if you have any questions or would like further information prior to applying.