Date Added: 14 April 2023
: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Chief of Staff - maternity cover
Working For: Dean Russell MP (Watford)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 36 weeks - maternity cover
Applicants should have a detailed understanding of the daily workings and processes of Parliament.
They should also be able to work well as part of a small team and on their own.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative party.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential, as is the ability to manage a large and varied workload effectively.
Detailed knowledge of the Watford constituency would be helpful.
Prior experience of working in an MP’s office with knowledge of the role and its challenges required.
• Ensure the office is fully equipped
• Overall management of staff members, including oversight of their responsibilities,
• Exposure and management of complex cases
• Horizon-scanning, anticipate what advice or action may be required; proactively identify problems and resolve them
• Lead and maintain a highly professional administrative support function for the MP’s office
• Liaise with groups/personnel including at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the MP’s behalf as necessary
• Manage the office team
• Overall management of the Member's diary commitments
• Overall management of the Member's email inbox
• Provide advice on constituent matters on behalf of the MP where appropriate
• Provide high quality, efficient and effective support to the MP and interest groups as required
• Take ownership of certain casework as required
• There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours, including attending events with the MP as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, and an applicant may be appointed ahead of the closing date.
Please apply with a covering letter detailing your experience together with a CV to: email@example.com
Your cover letter should clearly explain why you are applying for the role, and why you believe you are a suitable candidate. As the job will be based in both the Westminster office and Watford office, please only apply if you can travel to both.
Access to a car essential
REMOVED- 23/05/23- This role has been removed at the request of the original advertiser.