Date Added: 7 December 2022
: 19 December 2022
Job Title: Policy Executive
Working For: DeHavilland
Salary: £27,700 plus bonuses
Length of Contract: Permanent
DeHavilland is looking for a Policy Executive to join its UK Corporate Team.
The Corporate Team helps dozens of the largest companies and industry bodies in the world to navigate the constantly changing policy landscape in the UK across financial services, business, economic strategy and more. Whether it’s the public policy developments surrounding emerging industries such as crypto-assets and green finance or post-Brexit economic and industrial strategy, this team looks at the biggest issues facing the UK and beyond, serving clients such as HSBC, London Stock Exchange and Siemens.
As an Executive you will be responsible for a portfolio of big-name clients who are relying on you to help them navigate the fast-changing policy landscape. You will make sure the public affairs professionals you work with can cut through the noise, while never missing a policy development that could affect them. You will help them join the dots between politics and policy, give them visibility of what might lie ahead, and provide the tools they need to build political engagement.
• Provide political information and intelligence to a portfolio of clients through live coverage, alerts and reports.
• Provide live coverage of events, parliamentary proceedings, speeches and press conferences.
• Work with the Senior Consultant to help ensure consistent service levels across the Team.
• Ensure the service that has been agreed with the client and the Account Manager is delivered excellently.
• Develop strong relationships with clients through meetings and calls.
• Provide research support to our clients.
Your experience and knowledge
• A strong knowledge of UK policies and the political process.
• Completed degree in political science or equivalent.
• At least one year’s experience of working in a political/public affairs role.
Your skills and attributes
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to provide insights in alerts and reports.
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent.
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills.
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
Closing Date: 19 December 2022
First interviews are done over Teams and we encourage people from all over the country to apply as we are able to give people a grace period before they move to London. We are wanting people to start as soon as possible.
Please address your application to Miles Braslavsky and send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. The subject of the email needs to clearly state "Policy Executive Application".