Date Added: 24 November 2022
: 3 January 2023
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester and Strood)
Location: Constituency Office - Rochester
Salary: In Line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Kelly is recruiting a full-time Senior Caseworker based in her constituency office in Rochester.
The role will be focused on the management of constituency casework, as well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the Rochester & Strood constituency.
The successful applicant will have at least 2-3 year expereince of being a caseworker or a simlilar role, have a strong work ethic,be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task and manage a large workload.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent writing skills and telephone manner;
• Strong organisational and research skills with good attention to detail;
• A willingness to take on a variety of tasks;
• Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office packages, email and internet to support the above;
• Logging and progressing casework received
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and drafting responses to constituents;
• Organise/attend surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues;
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member;
• Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by telephone or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or issues;
• Manage own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are logged and updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Member;
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework;
• Analyse and monitor patterns of issues highlighted through casework and produce reports.
• Ensure records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times;
• Undertake general administrative tasks;
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 January 2023
We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis with a possible start date in January 2022.
We reserve the right to appoint a candidate before the closing date.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org