Date Added: 24 November 2022
: 16 December 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: James Gray MP (North Wiltshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
James Gray MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant for his Westminster office. Whilst the role will mainly cover casework and policy correspondence, the ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about getting involved in James’ other Parliamentary interests: the Armed Forces, the Polar Regions, and Mongolia.
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
• Draft responses to constituents and respond to routine correspondence and enquiries. Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken. Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business including Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency.
• Give advice on policy issues, monitor local, regional and national media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues.
• Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate.
• Diary Management.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and a candidate may be appointed before the close date for this advert.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a Covering letter to Amy Swash: email@example.com