Date Added: 16 November 2022
: 14 December 2022
Job Title: Press Officer + REMOVED
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Location: Stockton South
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay Scale
Length of Contract: Permenant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Office of Matt Vickers MP as a Press Officer.
The role of Press Officer is a challenging role, but one that significantly contributes to Matt’s ability to be visible and maintain contact with constituents while helping to provide a first-class service to the constituency.
Working for an MP is no ordinary role. You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. Furthermore, you will be required to work closely with Matt’s parliamentary office, and therefore must be a team player.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required on local and natiotional issues.
• Engage professionally, confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face.
• Ensure online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP.
• Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency.
• Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts.
• Manage the MP’s website contents.
• Provide briefings for the MP
• Exercise a high level of autonomy in reaching decisions on cases based on the evidence.
• There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to manage and prioritise own workload and excellent organisational skills.
• Experience in working and dealing with the press and public.
• Deal with issues in a confidential and sensitive manner.
• Work effectively in a small team.
• Sympathy to the aims and values of the Conservative Party and A keen interest in politics and current affairs and a committed campaigner.
• Hold a Full Clean UK Drivers Licence
• Local Knowledge of Stockton South (Desirable not Essential)
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 December 2022
Interviews may be held prior to the closing date.
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Niall Innes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or by calling 01642 956526.
22/11/2022 - This ad has been removed at the request of the original advertiser. Please do not apply for this role.