Date Added: 29 September 2022
: 10 October 2022
Job Title: Senior Press Officer/Press Officer
Working For: Scottish Conservative Pool
Salary: £25,300 - £35,992
Length of Contract: Permanent
This role represents a unique opportunity to support the work of the Scottish Conservative MSPs in Holyrood.
Working in the Scottish Parliament and reporting to the Head of Media, the successful candidate will play a leading role in managing the media and broadcast output of the Scottish Conservative MSPs.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Writing media comments, releases and columns
• Briefing MSPs prior to broadcast interviews
• Helping to plan and organise media coverage
• Generating ideas for press releases and social media content
• Supporting MSPs by attending media events
• Building strong relationships with journalists and MSPs
• Working with Digital Media team to draft and prepare social media content
• Managing provision of communications and press advice
• Implementing media and digital communication strategy
• Organising and arranging interviews and press conferences as specified
• Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
• Producing high quality press briefings, speeches, presentations, and written materials
• Good organisational skills, an ability to be proactive, and strong teamwork skills are essential
• You will be capable of monitoring media developments and sourcing information from a range of channels
• A journalism or PR background is desirable but not essential
• Experience producing social media content is desirable but not essential
• Graphic design and/or video production skills are desirable but not essential
Closing Date: 10 October 2022
Interviews will be after 12 October 2022.
For more information or any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a single page supporting statement as one document to email@example.com. Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered.