Date Added: 21 September 2022
: 3 October 2022
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: North Lanarkshire Labour Group
Location: Remotely and Motherwell, Scotland
Salary: £30,800 pro rata (up to 2 days per week)
Length of Contract:
The North Lanarkshire Labour Group is looking to recruit a part-time Communications Officer.
The post-holder will be responsible for the development of pro-active communications support for NL Labour Group. The successful candidate will need the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels within the Group and Party, an exceptional working knowledge of social media, with excellent political judgement and communication skills.
It is anticipated that the successful freelance worker will work from home but will have substantial and regular contact with NL Labour Leadership, Conveners and members who are based in Motherwell.
· The Communications Officer will prepare social media, publicity and associated materials for the NL Labour Group.
· Organise and deliver the NL Labour Group social media presence including Facebook and Twitter.
· Prepare proactive press releases on policy issues and projects to support the work of the NL Labour Group.
· Assist in the organisation of local campaigns on key policy areas.
· At least one year’s professional experience in media work.
· Proven ability to generate information friendly to a range of social media and print platforms.
· Proven experience in assimilating complex information and presenting it on social media and periodically in print and broadcast friendly forms.
· Established contacts and networks in Scottish print and broadcast media.
· Ability to work flexibly and out of hours.
· Experience working in politically sensitive areas.
· Planning and implementing campaigns.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to generate infographics and basic digital design.
· Writing of press releases, reports and features.
· Conversant with ICT and main applications.
Knowledge and Understanding:
· Knowledge and understanding of the Labour movement.
· Knowledge of and established contacts and networks in Scottish print and broadcast media.
· A commitment to Labour Party values.
· Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
· Creative, imaginative and confident.
Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Application closing date: 12:00 PM on 3rd October 2022
Interview date: W/C 10th October 2022
To apply for this post, please e-mail a one page covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Officer– Your Name in the subject line.