Date Added: 21 September 2022
: 3 October 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Helen Whately MP (Faversham and Mid Kent)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Helen is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to join her busy Westminster office.
The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Strong interpersonal skills and highly motivated to help constituents with their queries
• A high standard of written communication
• The ability to work as part of a team
• The ability to research and present information clearly
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Good political judgement
• Sympathy to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Prior experience of Parliament is desirable, but not essential.
Knowledge of the constituency would be an advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking a range of research tasks
• Assisting with meetings and visits
• Communicating with constituents by letter, email, over the phone, and in person
• Working with local and national government to help local residents
• Briefing Helen on local and national issues
• Assisting with press and media work
Some travel to the constituency will be required.
Helen is prepared to be flexible around caring responsibilities.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Interviews will take place in London. We may appoint before the closing date should the ideal candidate be found.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than a page to firstname.lastname@example.org