Date Added: 21 September 2022
: 3 October 2022
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Catholic Education Service
Length of Contract: Permanent
(Catholic Education Service)
The Catholic Education Service (CES) is appointing a Communications Manager to deliver a proactive and reactive communications strategy, including responding to press enquiries and managing the external messaging for the Catholic Education Service (CES). Working with education journalists, Directors of Education and Government you will champion the work of over 2000 Catholic schools, colleges, nurseries, and universities to external audiences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with an outstanding track record of delivering communications strategies and an interest in education.
The role will blend working at the offices of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference, 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX, a short walk from Victoria Station in Central London, and working from home.
• To design and implement the CES’s communications strategy.
• To provide support to dioceses and schools on communication and public affairs issues.
• To monitor developments in the media and national education policies which are of relevance to Catholic education.
• To research and provide briefings on relevant education policy issues to shape communication and public affairs strategies.
• To coordinate and manage national campaigns in line with Bishops’ Conference and CES public affairs priorities.
• To work in close collaboration with the Director of CES to ensure that partners are effectively aligned with the Bishops’ strategy for Catholic education.
Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Closing date for applications: 0900, 3 October 2022
Interviews will be held 10th October 2022
For further information and/or a Job Description, please contact: HR@cbcew.org.uk
Applicants must confirm their right to work in the UK and forward a full CV and covering letter illustrating their skills and motivation for this role to: HR@cbcew.org.uk