Date Added: 22 June 2022
: 28 June 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Dehenna Davison MP (Bishop Auckland)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Dehenna Davison is looking for a dedicated and self-starting Parliamentary Assistant to join her Westminster office. This is a demanding yet rewarding role where you will be able to contribute to important national campaigns and make a real difference.
Previous experience of working in Parliament is not essential but highly preferrable. The successful candidate will be highly organised, adept at working in a fast-paced environment and able to use their initiative to work independently on important projects. Knowledge of Bishop Auckland and/or County Durham is desirable.
• Draft correspondence to constituents on a broad range of detailed policy areas.
• Draft engaging and persuasive letters to Government departments, local government and third-sector organisations to assist with casework.
• Managing the operation of the APPG on One Punch Assaults.
• Undertake research and prepare briefings on national legislation, local issues and current affairs.
• Write speeches for debates in the Chamber and Westminster Hall.
• Attend meetings with and on behalf of Dehenna.
• General office administration tasks.
• The role may involve working outside normal working hours and will involve occasional visits to Bishop Auckland.
Skills, experience and qualities:
• Superb written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of the legislative and political system of the UK, as well as an understanding of party politics.
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with the Caseworker.MP system.
• Ability to deal with constituents in a compassionate, understanding, and sensitive manner.
• Ability to undertake research on casework and policy issues.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
Interviews w/c 4th July
Negotiable start date in August
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than 500 words to Dehenna.Davison.MP@parliament.uk with the subject line ‘Application – Parliamentary Assistant’.