From tackling the housing crisis, to building safety to levelling up – housing is at the top of the political agenda. If you are interested in current affairs and policy development and looking to apply your skills in the real world then look no further.
We have a brilliant opportunity for a graduate starting out in their career to join our Strategy and Communications Team for a 12-month internship supporting our external affairs work.
You will be our ‘eyes and ears’, keeping on top of what’s going on in the housing, policy and political world. This is a varied role supporting our external affairs, stakeholder engagement work and providing support on a variety of projects, campaigns and events.
You’ll need to be a true team player - someone who can get stuck in and help with team-wide projects.
At whg we are committed to nurturing and developing our colleagues. As part of this 12-month placement we will work with the successful candidate to develop a personalised development programme, including opportunities to undertake accredited training and qualifications.
This is a rewarding, fun and varied role with a friendly, innovative and hardworking team – an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience and develop their career in communications and external affairs.
Main responsibilities include:
• You will assist with telling our story, promoting our brand, and sharing the good work we do in transforming the lives of our customers and communities.
• Provide political monitoring and intelligence gathering across national, regional, and local government, with a focus on policy issues most relevant to the housing sector
• Provide research and information to support the development and delivery of key activities.
• Develop biographical and policy briefings on key industry and policy developments for senior internal stakeholders, including conducting research to inform these documents
• Assist the team with stakeholder management, including research, mapping and engagement strategies
We are looking for someone who has:
• An interest in and good understanding of current affairs
• Excellent literacy skills
• A can-do mindset, engaging demeanour and team spirit
• Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
• Educated to degree level