Date Added: 13 May 2022
: 13 June 2022
Job Title: External Relations
Working For: Independent Higher Education
Salary: £11.05 per hour
Length of Contract: 6 months negotiable
- Maintain and proactively update prospective member information.
- Act as first point of contact (email) for all new member queries, escalating more complex
- issues as appropriate.
- Work with the External Relations Director to provide timely information to new members.
- Ensure that applications for new members are processed in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with colleagues, schedule events throughout the year and promote them effectively to maximise engagement and attendance of new or prospective members.
- Ensure communications drive new member engagement by:
- Contributing to the IHE social media presence.
- Sending out timely and relevant updates.
- Analysing and reporting on the reach and impact of IHE’s communications.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines to duties expected while in post, however it may not include everything, and will be reviewed and amended in the light of changing demands.
• Interest and career aspirations in the field of marketing, sales and/or client development
• Team player with a start-up mindset, including a bias for action, and a willingness to jump in to
support other team members, and offer ideas beyond your area of responsibility.
• Excellent communicator with warmth and charisma and the ability to quickly establish rapport,
credibility and good working relationships.
• Excellent organisational skills; ability to plan, multi-task, prioritise and work on own initiative.
• Ability to work flexibly in a busy environment, and willingness to support colleagues where
• Experience of researching and maintaining databases.
• Experience of updating websites and administering webinars.
• The ability to write and deliver messages that are clear, convincing and inspiring.
Closing Date: 13 June 2022
We may appoint earlier for a suitable candidate.
The first stage of interviews will be a short phone screen. This will be followed by a full interview and written or other exercise. Please note that we will not consider any applications without a covering letter.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Your CV
• A covering letter about how your skills and enthusiasms match up to this role.
There’s no closing date because we will review applications as they come in so apply soon to avoid
disappointment! The first stage of interviews will be a short phone screen. This will be followed by a
full interview and written or other exercise.
Please note that we will not consider any applications without a covering letter