Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 30 January 2022
Job Title: Outreach Manager
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Conservative Environment Network (CEN) is the independent forum for conservatives who support conservation and decarbonisation. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and committed individual to manage our outreach programme. Established last year, the aim of this programme is to significantly extend our UK network of conservative environmentalists to encompass more students, academics, parliamentary candidates, and grassroots activists, and to help us support more parts of the conservative movement to champion market-based solutions to environmental challenges.
With our Caucus of over 130 Conservative MPs and Peers, CEN plays a central role in driving the green agenda in Westminster. Through our outreach programme, which has seen major increases in CEN’s social media reach and grassroots membership, we want to provide a platform for all parts of the conservative movement to debate and champion environmental policies - not just policymakers. This position of Outreach Manager is ideally suited for someone with a communications or public affairs background with connections across the conservative movement, and who is passionate about driving grassroots support for conservative environmentalism.
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver the inaugural ‘CEN academy’ in summer 2022 for conservative environmentalist students, alongside a wider outreach programme to university students and societies
- Engage more Conservative Associations and Conservative Policy Forums on behalf of CEN, and facilitate more debates on the environment among the conservative grassroots
- Engage Prospective Parliamentary Candidates and provide them with policy ideas and campaigning tools on the environment
- Strengthen CEN’s engagement with conservative academics, including managing a new essay prize and essay collection on conservative environmentalism
- Provide support to the wider CEN team with our Conservative Party Conference fringe programme
- Grow and manage CEN’s network of supporters and councillors
- Organise events for the supporter network, including quarterly drinks receptions
- Manage CEN’s newly expanded group of ambassadors
- Manage CEN’s social media accounts
Closing Date: 30 January 2022
There will be one written task and one interview taking place w/c 31st January.
Please submit your CV and a one-page cover letter to Cameron Smith, Head of Communications of CEN, at email@example.com