Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 1 February 2022
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Chris Evans MP (Islwyn)
Location: Constituency Office (Pontllanfraith)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Chris Evans MP is seeking a well organised, committed individual to join his busy team and support his work in the constituency.
This is a full-time position based in Chris’ constituency office but may require home/remote working initially in line with Welsh Government guidelines. The role will involve dealing directly with constituents to resolve problems on a wide range of issues such as health, housing and benefits claims. Experience in liaising with government agencies, local authorities or other third sector organisations would be advantageous.
Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to daily correspondence and enquiries from constituents.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases: monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection.
- Attend occasional surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the usual IT skills.
- Clear and concise letter writing style.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner.
- Able to work effectively in a small team.
- Some audio typing experience beneficial but not essential
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 February 2022
Interviews will take place as soon as possible either in the constituency office or online.
Start Date: As soon as possible, to be arranged with the successful candidate.
Please send a CV and covering letter no more than 2 sides of A4, setting out your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Caseworker’.
Please note only those selected for interview will be contacted.