Date Added: 14 January 2022
: 27 January 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Julian Smith CBE MP (Skipton and Ripon)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Rt Hon Julian Smith CBE MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to take on the role of Parliamentary Assistant, working predominantly in his Westminster Parliamentary office on a Full-time basis.
Key responsibilities to support Julian’s work as a Member of Parliament will include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting with policy responses
* Casework and responding to general constituency enquiries
* Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, third party organisations and others
* Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone
* Assisting with campaigns in the constituency
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of national and local issues and how they will affect residents
* Assisting with drafting press releases and content for Julian’s website and social media accounts
* General office admin and support
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Previous casework experience is desirable
* Good telephone manner
* Highly organised
* Good analytical skills and attention to detail
* Reliable, efficient and fast worker
* A trustworthy team player with a strong work ethic
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 January 2022
Looking for the candidate to start ASAP, interview process to begin ASAP and we may appoint before the closing date.
Please send an email with your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with JOB APPLICATION as the title.