Date Added: 29 December 2021
: 24 January 2022
Job Title: Research & Communications Officer
Working For: Keeping Channels Open
Location: Brussels, but London possible
Salary: Approx Euros 2,000/month
Length of Contract: 3 month hire (full or part time) with possibilities for extension. Freelance/consultancy basis.
We are looking for a dynamic associate with communications skills and political awareness to join Keeping Channels Open, a dialogue forum & network aimed at restoring connections and encouraging strategizing between stakeholders in Britain, Europe and U.S. This exciting organisation convenes politicians, academics and influencers to debate challenges in light of threats to democracy and cross-border relationships from Trumpism, Brexit, populism and extremism. Our website showcases the first wave of findings and appetite for this initiative. Join us as we build the organisation and explore partnerships, dig deeper into effective strategies, host more private and public events, reach across divides and build a public face.
• Democratic resilience and countering populism & polarisation
• Transatlantic Foreign & Security Policy
• UK-EU/Europe connectivity post Brexit
• Engaging with experts, partners and senior stakeholders
• Organising events
• Drafting newsletters, articles, social media and video content
• Researching issues and drafting analysis
• Support to fundraising where needed
• Interest in transatlantic foreign policy, US politics, EU policies and UK-EU relations
• Communications and technology skills
• Good time management and unflappability under pressure
• Commitment to the cause
Short-term or part-time assignment, with potential for long term role.
Preferably based in Brussels, alternatively London.
Closing Date: 24 January 2022
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please send CV and covering letter of your suitability for this role to email@example.com
We will acknowledge all applicants, and may ask permission to retain your details for future expansion.
6/1/22: taken down as sufficient applications received