Date Added: 16 December 2021
: 21 January 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Rt Hon Robert Halfon MP (Harlow)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Robert Halfon MP is looking for a full-time, permanent Parliamentary Assistant to join his busy team in Westminster.
The successful applicant would provide administrative and research support to Robert in his Parliamentary and constituency duties. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator, and someone who is able to work flexibly and accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Main duties will include:
• Create informative and concise briefing packs for MP on a range of relevant issues, taking meeting notes and drafting external communications
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data to provide policy advice on key issues
• Maintain strong working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency with regard to key local and national issues
• Diary management and general admin support
• Support the monitoring of local, regional, national and social media coverage to advise and brief the MP of relevant issues
• Project management of key campaigns and undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Respond to routine correspondence and support with case work as required
• Work with colleagues in the Westminster and constituency teams to identify potential impacts from research work and disseminate them effectively
• Engage professionally and positively with all stakeholders through telephone enquiries, email, face to face meetings and social media
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• From time to time, there may also be a requirement to work outside normal working hours or to travel for work
Candidates should have the following key skills and qualities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of complex information quickly, accurately and concisely
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team, and independently
• Strong research and IT skills
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Experience of working in Parliament
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs and sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. If a successful applicant is found before the closing date, they will be appointed.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
18/12/2021 - This advert has been marked as removed at the request of the original advertiser, and is no longer live. Please do not apply for this role.