Date Added: 18 September 2021
: 10 October 2021
Job Title: London Living Wage Intern
Working For: Fleur Anderson MP (Putney, Roehampton & Southfields)
Salary: London Living Wage - £ 21,158
Length of Contract: 1 Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Fleur Anderson MP is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and hard-working person to join her busy office for a 1-year parliamentary internship (Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week). This role will be primarily based in Fleur’s constituency office (Zone 2) with occasional working in Westminster. We encourage applications from disabled candidates, Black and Minority Ethnic candidates, and other groups which are currently under-represented in Parliament.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop skills across a range of responsibilities within a frontbench Labour MP's office. This position will engage with all streams of work within the office, including constituency casework, policy, research, media support, events planning, diary management and Fleur’s brief as the Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office.
• A good knowledge of current affairs and policy issues
• Motivated, willing to learn new skills and take on new challenges
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to engage with a broad range of people at all levels of seniority
• An ability to engage with the public in an understanding and compassionate manner
• An ability to work swiftly and independently, with a keen eye for detail
• A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• A knowledge of the Putney, Roehampton & Southfields constituency is desirable
• Drafting policy responses to constituents
• Attending surgeries and other meetings with Fleur
• Assisting with diary management & events planning
• Managing constituency casework
• Supporting Fleur’s shadow ministerial brief for the Cabinet Office
• Monitoring media coverage, legislation and other relevant parliamentary business
• Supporting the running of Fleur’s local and national campaigns
• Community engagement and stakeholder relations
• Undertaking research and drafting briefings as required on subjects relevant to Fleur's constituency and policy interests
• Managing requests for public tours and PMQs tickets from constituents
• Ensuring professional records are kept adhering to GDPR requirements and respecting confidentiality at all times
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 October 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to do a written exercise followed by an interview, which is likely to be held on Friday 15 October. Fleur is seeking the new team member to start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV (no more than 2 sides) including contact details of two referees alongside a one-page covering letter outlining how you meet the job specification & your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Please quote your full name & ‘London Living Wage Internship’ in the subject line.
Due to the large interest in working for Fleur, we won't be able to acknowledge receipt of all applications.