Date Added: 18 September 2021
: 1 October 2021
Job Title: Consultant
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Length of Contract: Permanent / DOE
Blackstock is a leading strategic consultancy and property PR agency known for being creative, provocative, rigorous, and highly effective in securing media coverage or creating high-impact reports looking into emerging policy and technology trends.
Our company’s culture is more tech start-up than a stuffy PR firm. And while there is a strong policy element to everything we do, we are politically independent.
Uniquely, Blackstock produces podcasts in-house and regularly provides analysis on TV and radio (viewable on our YouTube page). We work at the highest level and our original award-winning reports are widely cited and considered in Government.
The main duties of this role include providing a bespoke PR service to clients, managing key
accounts with daily activities including writing press releases, pitching to journalists and writing content for reports, websites and brochures. This role will also involve helping to manage and train more junior members of the team.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Being the account manager or day-to-day lead on client activities;
- Engaging with journalists and digesting relevant media every day;
- Writing press releases, columns and articles;
- Building up an extensive journalist network and strong engagement list across nationals, broadcasts, trades and in key local/regional titles for relevant clients;
- Pitching press releases to journalists and feature ideas by phone or email;
- Arranging interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients and facilitating these meetings where appropriate;
- Advising on the handling of clients’ social media accounts;
- Producing monthly reports for clients where required;
- Running projects and campaigns;
- Attending awards/events on behalf of the company or clients as required;
- Being a line manager and having responsibility for others in the team.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- 2 or more years working in PR, tech, finance, real estate or similar field;
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as a meticulous eye for detail;
- The ability to work to tight media deadlines on a number of simultaneous projects;
- The ability to manage both other team members and clients, responding and delivering to their demands and pressures;
- Commitment, confidence, energy, organisation and responsibility.
Closing Date: 1 October 2021
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV, non-generic covering letter and non-academic writing sample to email@example.com. We only respond to successful applicants.