Date Added: 18 September 2021
: 4 October 2021
Job Title: Programme Support Officer
Working For: Social Mobility Foundation
Location: London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Manchester Newcastle
Salary: £21,500-£28,000 plus £2000 London weighting if based in London. (It is our usual practice to offer at the bottom of the salary band.)
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Programme Support Officer role will be well-suited to someone who is focused on the best ways they can help the aims of the charity as well as those of our participants and partners. The Programme Support Officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of the Social Mobility Foundation’s programme of activities for young people and for our volunteers and employer partners.
Location: Based near any SMF Target City (London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow). Most SMF staff are currently working from home, however over the coming months we expect to resume office working with a mix of home and office working for staff across all cities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Confidence with using IT and particularly Excel
- Confidence preparing and delivering presentations
- Excellent attention to detail when undertaking tasks
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Hard-working and efficient
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage varied tasks
- Ability to adapt to new situations that may arise and problem solve effectively
- Committed to the aims of the charity
We value ability and potential more than specific experience, and we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage applications from people from low socio-economic backgrounds, from people who are care-experienced, and from people who are Black, Asian or of minoritised ethnicity.
Closing Date: 4 October 2021
Closing time: 12pm
Interviews: Interviews w/c 11th October 2021. Interview candidates may be asked to complete online tests. This will be arranged after interview.
Interested candidates should apply by sending the following information to email@example.com:
- A letter outlining your suitability for the post along with specific examples from past experience.
- A short statement answering the question: What do you think are the main concerns that the young people that the SMF target face regarding access to universities and professions? (500 words maximum).