Date Added: 18 September 2021
: 4 October 2021
Job Title: Political Advisor
Working For: Communication Workers Union
Salary: £39,650 (£38,850 pensionable)
Length of Contract: 12 Months
The General Secretary’s Office is responsible for all political and policy matters. The General Secretary provides the strategic direction of the Union and takes the lead with the Union’s relations with all outside bodies.
The Political Assistant will report to the Head of Political Strategy in the General Secretary’s Office to help implement the Union’s political strategy, with a particular focus on administering relationships with affiliated organisations and assisting with the development of political structures within the union.
The successful applicant will have:
• Experience of planning and leading successful political/trade union campaigns
• Experience of building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Experience of using communication tools to build campaigns
• Experience of working with trade union members, volunteers and/or activists
• Experience of writing briefings, reports, articles or similar materials
• Experience of organising meetings, seminars, conferences or similar events
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in a political environment
Closing Date: 4 October 2021
Closing time – 10am
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th October 2021
For further information and to receive an application pack for this position please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Political Assistant” and/or telephone 07926 074753.