Date Added: 14 September 2021
: 30 September 2021
Job Title: Research Consultant
Working For: Lexington
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking for a Research Consultant to play a key role in our growing property team based in Manchester.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of accounts for property and development clients, including those from the residential, retail, energy and transport sectors.
Candidates must be politically astute with a good knowledge of local politics, as well as an interest in and understanding of national current affairs. A public affairs, communications, stakeholder engagement or public relations background would be desirable.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Positive, with a can-do attitude;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure and meet often demanding deadlines;
- Can manage multiple projects and demonstrate good organisational skills;
- Aware of the commercial environment in which we operate;
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience of working in the property and planning sector, or the political arena, such as for a Government department, political party, Local Authority or an MP, would be a distinct advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Political research and media monitoring
- Engaging with residents and community stakeholders in written correspondence, on the phone and face-to-face
- Day to day drafting of a variety of documents, including research reports, communications materials, press releases and meeting reports
- Organising and managing events
- Handling press enquiries
- Managing campaigns and engagement strategies
In return, you will work within a talented team of public affairs professionals in a well-established and well-respected consultancy with excellent career and personal development opportunities.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial, informal interview and, if successful, will be invited for a second interview with Lexington’s directors and leadership team. The role is for an immediate start, subject to notice periods, where applicable.
If the above sounds like you and you’d like to hear more about working in the Lexington property team, please send your CV and covering letter on why you would like to work for Lexington and what you would bring to the role to email@example.com