Date Added: 22 July 2021
: 17 August 2021
Job Title: Executive and Political Assistant
Working For: Cllr Meenal Sachdev, Shiva Foundation
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35,000 Full Time
Length of Contract: Permanent
A versatile, detail-oriented individual who will support Meenal Sachdev, Director of Shiva Foundation and Local Councillor in Hertsmere Borough Council. Politically-savvy and adaptable, the successful applicant will report directly to Meenal and will support her growing role across local and national issues. You will assist in maintaining effective communication with politicians, advisors, local council and residents, and will aid in managing Meenal’s day-to-day life, including tasks of a personal nature.
Your responsibilities across each of these areas will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining Meenal’s calendar and serving as the interface for correspondence to all those seeking time with her and providing thorough and timely meeting preparation
- Facilitating smooth and efficient communication between Meenal, Shiva Foundation staff, the local council, and any other individuals / organisations in her network
- Drafting email correspondence, short proposals, reports and commentary on Meenal’s behalf
- Drafting speeches, talking points, and conducting research within a political context
- Managing Meenal’s social media accounts, her personal website (technical ability not required) and PR requests
- Supporting Meenal’s political and advocacy development responsibilities, including managing introductions, following up on meetings, etc.
- Providing other project management support and leadership
- Managing Meenal’s email accounts and phone line as necessary
- Supporting Meenal with duties of a personal nature, including appointments, family-related engagements, coordinating house maintenance, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience managing correspondence with a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to research and synthesise information from multiple sources
- Experience working in an executive assistant role with an ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement
- Interest in politics and sympathetic to Conservative Party values
- Fluent in industry-standard administrative software, namely Microsoft products (Office, Outlook, OneDrive, Teams) and Google products (Docs, Drive, etc.). Proficiency with photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop an asset
Closing Date: 17 August 2021
Interviews will be conducted in the last week of August.
Please note, we would like the successful candidate to start in mid-September.
Please apply by sending one PDF document containing the following documents in order:
1. Your CV
2. A cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Meenal and why you would be suitable for this role (1 page max.)
3. A writing sample which may be an article, blog, report or note you have written on any topic (5 pages max.)
Please save this PDF in the following format ‘[First Name]_[Second Name]_Application’ and send to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note any incomplete or incorrectly labelled applications will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be notified.