Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising senior-level seminars on public policy. Check out the breadth of our conferences. We enjoy considerable support from within Parliament and government, in industry and amongst interest groups.
We are recruiting for a sub-editor to assist in making ready marketing communications, agendas and other written material for publication to our thousands of contacts.
• Working to the editorial director, ensuring that written materials for external use and web-based content are sense-checked, grammatically correct and adhering to house style
• Responsibility checking editorial content and style for external communications including marketing letters, seminar agendas, and materials contained in our delegate packs
• We are looking for experienced candidates for this role - in a news, current affairs or public affairs consultancy environment
• Professional-standard command of the English language with sharp editing, proofreading, writing, and communication skills
• You will need to demonstrate ability to work with specialists over a wide range of subject areas
• You will need to be experienced and capable in handling a high volume of work, in time management, and in delivering output to business-critical deadlines
• However experienced you are, we need you to be eager to learn and able to readily adapt to and adhere to house style before helping its continuing development
• When you are up to speed we would want you not to need close supervision, but help and support is always on hand
• Fluency with Microsoft Office is essential; experience of other specialist software would be good
• Interest and experience in web design and copywriting from scratch or based on briefs from researchers is desirable
This is an exciting permanent role in an expanding organisation, and there is plenty of scope for career growth for the right candidate. It’s full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch.
All 70+ of us have been working from home, but we hope very soon to return to our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire with convenient road and travel links.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating your current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com