Date Added: 22 July 2021
: 6 August 2021
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (part time)
Working For: Socialist Societies Executive
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.85p/h)
Length of Contract: Permanent after a 3 month probationary period
The Executive of the Labour Party’s Socialist Societies (the Party’s affiliated membership groups) is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
The role will involve back office administrative functions, including:
- Maintaining organisation contact details
- Organising and drafting mailings to Socialist Societies
- Monitoring inbox, and answering and directing queries where appropriate
- Communicating with party officials and relevant Labour Party stakeholders
- Uploading posts to social media
- Event management, including up to four days at the Party’s annual conference
- Organising meetings of the Executive Committee
Good writing, IT and social media skills are essential. A knowledge of the Labour Party and Parliament are desirable.
Hours will be flexible. There is no commitment to a minimum number of hours per week, but total hours are likely to average out at up to 14 hours per month.
The role will be freelance, and the freelancer will be responsible for their own personal taxation and National Insurance contributions.
We will pay the London Living Wage and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
Closing Date: 6 August 2021
Interviews will be held remotely w/c 09 August and the successful candidate will be expected to start soon after.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter or cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon on the closing date