Date Added: 22 July 2021
: 3 August 2021
Job Title: Communications Intern
Working For: Crest Advisory
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.85 per hour)
Length of Contract: 3-6 months
Who we are
We are crime and justice specialists – equal parts research, strategy and communication. Working with police forces, government, tech companies, and public inquiries, who all have a key part to play in building a safer, more secure society we;
- research the big issues or dig into an organisation’s data
- advise clients on how best to achieve the best outcomes
- communicate (and help them communicate) the message to the wider world
Crest Advisory is a great place to be if you are looking for rewarding and important work. With offices in London and a team based in Manchester, we deliver projects all over the UK. We thrive on working together, ensuring our judgement and values are never compromised. Influential and vibrant, we make things happen and we look after each other too. Insightful, savvy and smart, we foster a culture of support and challenge, and provide both our clients and each other with advice that cuts through and adds value. We are a multidisciplinary team who have worked across some of the biggest and most serious issues in crime and justice.
What we are looking for
An enthusiastic, bright and capable communications intern to join us initially for 6 months, with a 3 month review period. For the right candidate and as business allows, we aim to make intern roles permanent. We are looking for someone with:
- a demonstrable interest in media relations and digital communications to work across a number of interesting and important projects;
- A healthy interest and understanding of crime and justice, the legal world, and/or politics is advantageous but most importantly we are looking for a thirst for learning on the job;
- Good research and communications skills are vital - as is being able to represent Crest in front of clients and their audiences, and having the ability to work as part of a team.
The job will involve supporting the wider Crest team on all aspects of the business. Though every day is different, typical tasks are likely to include media monitoring, drafting briefings, uploading documents, images and footage to our website, and monitoring client YouTube channels, through to administrative tasks to support the general functioning of the office. Please note this role may require some travel. Applicants are asked to be willing to travel to Manchester intermittently.
Closing Date: 3 August 2021
Applications close at 5pm. Interviews will take place on the w/c 16th August.
Please send your contact details and a blog, written by you, of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email ‘Crest Communications Internship’. We ask all candidates to fill out and return this equal opportunity monitoring form to us as well. Please note that all applications will be anonymised before being processed.
For full details please see the full job advert on our website here.