Date Added: 1 July 2021
: 31 July 2021
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Gareth Davies MP (Grantham and Stamford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract:
Gareth Davies MP is looking for a Senior Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster office. The role will help support him in his parliamentary activities. The successful candidate needs to be a self-starter and highly organised.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists, and pressure groups
• Management of the diary
• Assist in the progression of casework as required
• Deal with complex queries and complaints on MP’s behalf, including drafting and signing letters
• Have final signoff on all relevant delegated areas from the MP, for example constituent correspondence
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours, including assisting with events with the MP as requested
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
• Engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders to support Gareth’s work as a constituency MP
• Preparing briefing notes ahead of meetings, constituency engagements and parliamentary activities
• Very strong writing skills are essential.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload.
• An excellent knowledge of British politics and current affairs.
• Personal initiative and a proactive work ethic.
• Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
• The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong IT skills, especially Word and Excel.
• A good working knowledge of Caseworker and IPSA systems.
Prior experience in a similar role in a parliamentary office and familiarity with the internal workings of the parliamentary estate.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
An appointment may be made prior to the closing date.
Please send a personal statement setting out in detail why you are suitable and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
REMOVED 16/07/21- This role has been removed at the request of the advertiser