Date Added: 2 July 2021
: 23 July 2021
Job Title: Member Marketing Intern
Working For: Liberal Democrats
Salary: £10.85 p/h
Length of Contract: 3 Months +
Hours: 19 hours per week
Tenure: Fixed term, 3 months
Location: Flexible, London, Edinburgh, Cardiff or Home-based
Purpose of job
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your copywriting skills, whilst
working for Liberal Democrat HQ during a very busy period. The membership
marketing internship will run from the start of August, until the end of
October, which will involve working alongside the team through Autumn
You’ll get a chance to work in all of the areas the team works in and try your
hand at email marketing, marketing automation, HTML, CSS and CRM
management. You’ll also have opportunities to develop your writing skills in a
political party environment and complete the three-month period with a better
understanding of email and lifecycle marketing.
Please note, experience in working with HTML and CSS is not a requirement for
1. Write email and marketing copy to support the work of the membership team
in delivering a high-quality membership experience and hitting ambitious
2. Assist in running online engagement events for members and supporters of
the Liberal Democrats.
3. Assist with other tasks as directed by the line manager.
PERSON SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● A skilled copywriter with a high standard of written English
● A self-starter with an ability to take on new tasks and use their initiative
● An interest in political party membership or marketing
● Sympathy with the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
Closing Date: 23 July 2021
We expect to interview candidates by Zoom in the week commencing the 19th July.
A successful candidate would ideally begin their internship in early August.
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org attaching: -
1) A copy of your CV as a pdf. Please include a contact email and phone number,
and contact details for two referees.
2) A Covering Letter as a pdf; no more than 1 page of A4 in length, indicating
clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and
3) An example of your writing, of no more than 1 page of A4 in length, ideally in a
non-academic context as a pdf