Date Added: 10 June 2021
: 21 June 2021
Job Title: Casework Officer
Working For: Tess White MSP (North East Scotland)
Salary: £28,414 - £32,017 (pro rata) depending on skills and abilities
Length of Contract: Permanent, Part-Time (25 hours)
Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly
- Advocating on constituent's behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters
Attending surgeries, producing reports and monitoring media trends on my behalf
- Conducting basic research and surveys
- Investigating patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- Monitoring local and regional media and generating media coverage
- Briefing me and drafting responses
- Ensuring regular engagement with constituents on matters of concern
Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements
- Ensuring casework filing systems, both electronic and manual, are kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements
- Have excellent organisational skills while being flexible in prioritising workloads during busy times
- Have excellent communications skills, with accurate attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required
- Be empathetic with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Closing Date: 21 June 2021
For any questions about the role please contact Tess.White.MSP@Parliament.scot
Interviews will take place after 21st June 2021.
Start date ASAP on mutual agreement.
Applications should include a CV detailing your relevant career experience together with a covering letter which should provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience in respect of each of the essential requirements of the role you are applying for.
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter to Tess.White.MSP@parliament.scot by 12 noon on the closing date.
Tess White is also advertising for an Office Manager and a Research Manager. For more information, please visit https://careers.parliament.scot/vacancies/vacancy-search-results.aspx