Date Added: 10 June 2021
: 30 June 2021
Job Title: Head of SME Engagement
Working For: techUK
Salary: £43,000-£55,000 based upon experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
techUK has members from across markets and of all sizes but the majority of techUK’s membership is made up of small to medium sized fast-changing tech businesses (SMEs). We understand that SMEs are the lifeblood of the UK economy and are committed to supporting SMEs as they provide the vital innovation and growth needed to support the country as the UK responds to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This role will focus on shaping techUK’s proposition to a wider range of SMEs and right across the country. As part of the member relations team, the successful candidate will develop techUK’s SME offering working closely with the business development and programme teams to ensure our policy work, market access activity and services benefit our SME community.
You will be leading techUK’s work to expand the number of SME members and also improve retention of SMEs in membership through a programme that identifies clear market opportunities and shapes our offering to them in a scalable manner. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong community building capabilities and experiences. You should be available to travel around the UK as required to ensure success of the business.
- Development of SME offering by creating partnerships, introducing new business services and other initiatives working with other teams
- Ensuring regular engagement with SME community through direct interactions, marketing, events development and networking
- Reporting on SME member engagement and developing recommendations for improvement of business offering
- Developing business development and retention tools for SMEs to share across the organisation
- Excellent community building and networking skills
- Able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of techUK’s offering to a range of audiences
- Able to drive creative approaches to developing techUK’s proposition for SMEs
- Experience of working with board level executives on strategy
Essential knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of the commercial drivers for SMEs and the UK technology landscape
- Strong project management skills, ideally able to demonstrate the successful delivery of public policy or market engagement outcomes
Closing Date: 30 June 2021
You will be contacted if you are shortlised for the position. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
A full version of the job description can be found on our website.
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.