Date Added: 10 June 2021
: 1 July 2021
Job Title: Infrastructure and Capacity Organiser
Working For: Bath and North East Somerset Liberal Democrats
Location: Bath, with travel around Bath and North East Somerset
Salary: Starting £19,000pa, rising to £20,000 after three-month probation period
Length of Contract: 12 months with likely extension to June 2023
Contract: Full Time (40 hours a week), fixed contract with the possibility of longer-term employment
Managed by: B&NES Lib Dem Campaign Manager in conjunction with the Campaign Chair.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic and highly motivated Liberal Democrat campaigner to build our volunteer capacity and spearhead our voter contact activities. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced campaigners to learn what it takes to win.
With two years to go until full council elections in May 2023, you will help the Liberal Democrats build campaigning infrastructure to maintain majority control of Bath and North East Somerset Council for the first time, while also supporting the campaigning the two Westminster constituencies covered in this area, one with a sitting MP.
Above all you will be a people person with exceptional motivational skills, and you will build our volunteer capacity across B&NES.
• Work with the Campaign Manager on the following responsibilities, within the framework of the local party's campaign strategy:
• Supporting candidates and councillors in their campaigns.
• Recruitment, training, and management of volunteers
• Facilitating a full field programme of voter contact
• Contact database management with the party’s Data Officer
• Membership support with the party’s Membership Development Officer
• Any other duties as required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with members, candidates, elected representatives and other stakeholders.
• The ability to motivate and inspire volunteers.
• Practical experience of campaigning for the Liberal Democrats.
• Ability to train others.
Flexible working will be expected in this job. There will be the need to work long hours at certain times in the political calendar, for which TOIL will be given.
Closing Date: 1 July 2021
Interviews: evenings w/c 7 July
Send a covering letter and CV with referees, clearly outlining your suitability for the role against the person specification and job description, to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the position email firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange a time to speak on the phone.