Date Added: 10 June 2021
: 21 June 2021
Job Title: Constituency Engagement Officer / Caseworker
Working For: Tulip Siddiq MP (Hampstead and Kilburn)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales and experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Tulip Siddiq MP is looking for an enthusiastic and responsible individual to join her busy team to support her constituency work.
This role will be full-time, based in Tulip’s constituency of Hampstead and Kilburn. We are happy to discuss options for flexible working at any stage.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of politics and campaigning, an unstoppable work ethic, a team-first mentality and meticulous attention to detail.
• Manage relationships with the many and varied communities in Hampstead and Kilburn;
• Monitor local media and work with stakeholders in the constituency to ensure our office is aware of ongoing issues;
• Ensure local stakeholders are kept up-to-date with the latest relevant news from Parliament and maintain databases of contacts;
• Arrange and assist with surgeries, public meetings and other visits, and follow up as appropriate;
• Deal professionally and confidentially with standard queries from members of the public, as well as assisting on more complex cases;
• Respond directly to constituents by phone and email, log and monitor casework progress - gathering relevant information and following up as required;
• Correspond and liaise with Government departments, executive agencies, local government and charities to resolve constituency matters;
• Ensure records are kept in line with the data protection legislation;
Skills and values:
• Sound judgement in dealing with sensitive issues;
• Strong awareness of local and national politics;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Ability to prioritise and manage a large workload independently;
• Fluent and clear written style;
• Good communication and teamwork skills;
• Proficiency in basic IT;
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party;
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 June 2021
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 26 June 2021
Applicants should send their CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com with the title “Job application: <your name>”
The covering letter should include an explanation why your skills, experience and knowledge make you suitable for this specific role for the Member of Parliament for Hampstead and Kilburn and why you would like to work in this community.