Date Added: 10 June 2021
: 30 June 2021
Job Title: Project Officer
Working For: The Refugee, Asylum and Migration Policy Project (RAMP)
Salary: £28,000 per annum full time (part time and flexible working will also be considered)
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking for a Project Officer to support the Director and political advisers to manage and execute the project. More details can be found here: https://www.rampproject.org/join-us . Responsibilities include:
- Helping to organise and manage internal and external meetings and events.
- Updating websites and social media channels
- Managing correspondence from Parliamentarians and other key stakeholders
- Managing RAMP’s mailing lists and distributing key information
- Drafting and editing regular political updates and stakeholder newsletters
- Carrying out specific research tasks for team members
- Helping to manage team projects
- Assisting with the development of proposals and activity reports to donors
- Supporting the Director with the day-to-day running of the organisation
We would like to recruit someone who is:
- Committed to finding consensus and working collaboratively with people who have different views and backgrounds
- Really interested in politics (with a good working knowledge of the UK political system) and in migration and asylum issues - possibly with lived experience of migrating to the UK - and motivated to help RAMP to have a positive impact in this area.
- A proactive self-starter: confident enough to take the initiative, suggest improvements to shared projects or processes, to provide constructive feedback to others in the team, and to thrive in a predominantly virtual team environment.
- An excellent communicator who can draft well, edit what others have written, contribute confidently in team meetings and listen well to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Savvy on social media and who could help us maximise our impact through our twitter and LinkedIn accounts, and through our websites.
- A competent user of a range of software packages and ICT tools like Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Zoom, SquareSpace and SurveyMonkey
- Well organised and able to prioritise, manage your own workload and to meet deadlines
- Financially literate and able to assist with processing invoices and financial administration
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues in a close-knit and collaborative team
- Experienced at researching key information in relevant policy areas and drafting succinct and accurate briefings - probably evidenced by a relevant degree or equivalent work experience, profession development and training.
Closing Date: 30 June 2021
First round interviews will take place via Zoom on Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th July. We are looking for someone who can start soon afterwards.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org which demonstrates how you meet each of the key personal criteria listed above by 5pm.
Please also use that email address if you would like any further information about the role.