Date Added: 8 April 2021
: 30 April 2021
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Alliance for Intellectual Property
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking a public affairs professional to join the Alliance for IP to help influence the policy environment around Intellectual Property.
As a small team, there is lots of opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the Alliance’s work, from meeting civil servants and politicians to helping organise roundtables, events, and drafting correspondence and policy papers.
The role involves working closely with members and their public affairs, policy and communications teams, who represent many interesting and diverse sectors. Our work involves shaping policy across many different issues including: internet regulation; law enforcement; trade policy; Artificial Intelligence; and innovation.
The role would suit someone with good knowledge of the political system and experience in Westminster and/or in Public Affairs, but is looking to take the next step and be more outward facing in communicating with the political community.
- General monitoring and reporting of the political and policy environment.
- Helping to organise Alliance events including British IP Day, the Annual Summer Reception on the House of Commons terrace, as well as regular Alliance member meetings and Parliamentary lunches.
- The role will include understanding and contributing to policy development on IP issues, liaising with officials, MPs and Peers to ensure the Alliance’s communications are well understood.
- Organising meetings with MPs and officials and attending these with the Director General; drafting letters to MPs, Peers, and Ministers following parliamentary developments and proceedings; liaising with political researchers to understand their requirements.
- Assisting with the organisation of the APPG for IP.
- Helping to draft consultation responses and other research and policy papers.
- Assisting in marketing activity, including updating the Alliance website and maintaining the Alliance’s social media presence.
- Creating and establishing good and consistent channels of communication with the Alliance Officers.
- Attending main Alliance meetings and Officers’ meetings.
- Monitoring political developments, communicating information to relevant stakeholders and identifying opportunities for promotion of Alliance issues.
Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Please read the full job description and send a covering letter (no longer than a page) and CV to:
Dan Guthrie Dan@allianceforip.co.uk