Date Added: 6 April 2021
: 20 April 2021
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Simon Baynes MP, (Clwyd South) a client of Hive Support Ltd
Salary: IPSA Payscales, starting: £21,529
Length of Contract: Permanent
Simon Baynes, MP for Clwyd South, is recruiting for a Constituency Caseworker. The role is full time (40 hours) based in the constituency office in Ruabon, but due to the present circumstances the role holder will initially work remotely from home, unless required to attend the office for administrative duties.
You will be the first point of contact for members of the public. You will be required to work within a small team, managing a varied caseload and forming good working relationships with local government representatives and other key stakeholders in order to meet the needs of constituents.
You will need to be a team player, highly organised and using initiative to prioritise your workload, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to deal with problems sensitively. IT skills are essential, although training on casework software will be provided.
Previous experience of casework is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
The role will involve:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public.
- Attending constituency surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Drafting responses to constituents and keeping them updated with case progress.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
- Occasional research and briefings on issues of local concern.
The above is a non-exhaustive list and will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and areas of interest.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 April 2021
Interviews w/c: 26th April 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
In the email subject matter, please state ‘[YOUR NAME] – Caseworker Application for Simon Baynes MP’
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org