Date Added: 6 April 2021
: 16 April 2021
Job Title: Regional Press Officer - South West
Working For: CCHQ
Location: South West
Length of Contract: Permanent, Part Time 25hr
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Press Office as a Regional Press Officer (RPO) for the South West. The new RPO will the join regional team, reporting to the Head of Regional Press.
• Ensure Party messages are communicated to voters through regional media, including social media, by working alongside CCHQ colleagues, MPs and other elected Party members.
• Work alongside colleagues from other departments ensure cabinet tours and ministerial visits run smoothly and manage the regional media at those events.
• Work with colleagues from various departments on campaigns using local and regional media.
• Provide proactive and reactive statements to the regional media, including crisis management.
• Deliver media training and advice for MPs, other elected Party members and candidates.
• Build constructive relationships and liaise with regional journalists to help promote Party messages.
• Monitor regional media coverage for trends, opposition messages and opportunities to promote the Party.
Your professional experience:
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Have knowledge of the South West media landscape.
• Own good social media skills
• Be able to work individually and as part of a team.
• Possess excellent time management and the ability to prioritise.
• Be highly-organised and self-motivated.
• Be a hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Closing Date: 16 April 2021
Please submit a CV & Cover Letter to Recruitment@Conservatives.com with the relevant job title in the subject line.