Date Added: 6 April 2021
: 29 April 2021
Job Title: Conference Production Assistant x 2
Working For: Government Events
Salary: £21,000 + Bonus + Staff Rewards
Length of Contract: Permanent
Government Events are specialists in delivering information-led public sector conferences and events. With over 30 years’ combined experience, we pride ourselves on delivering events at the forefront of Government policy.
In 2019 Government Events delivered more than 150 conferences, events and training courses with over 1200 hours of CPD from 2000+ speakers to 10,000+ clients. This year, we are growing beyond that with exciting new products in the making.
We are always actively looking for talented individuals who excel in what they do. Now’s an exciting time to be part of Government Events. A Conference Production Assistant in Government policy is now required to join our dedicated team and become a pivotal member in our further expansion.
This role offers the opportunity to accelerate your career and gain a strong understanding of public sector policies and the wider conference and events industry. It is perfect for individuals looking to specialise in research, project management, and stakeholder development with an interest in public and social policy.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct in-depth research and build knowledge on a range of public policy areas
- Produce insightful sector-leading conferences and events – both in-person and online events
- Identify and invite industry leaders and experts to speak across a portfolio of events
- Work closely with speakers to maintain relationships and collect all relevant material pre-event
- Generate and pitch new event ideas
- Meet event deadlines through confirming speakers and collecting presentations
- Oversee on-the-day event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Politics, Public Policy, or a relevant subject
- Minimum of 6 months experience at a commercial conference/event organisation or working in political environments, preferable
- Strong interest and/or understanding of government and public sector policy
- Demonstrated excellent written (including copy writing) and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task effectively
- Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
A performance-based bonus is available and we are able to offer a semi-flexible working pattern.
Closing Date: 29 April 2021
We are a committed equality and diversity employer and encourage applications from all communities. Reasonable adjustments can be made to make this position accessible.
Interviews may start before the closing date. We are looking for two candidates to start in May.
Please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com