Date Added: 27 February 2021
: 26 March 2021
Job Title: Advocacy Officer
Working For: Leukaemia Care
Location: Flexible, with travel to Worcester
Salary: £18,000 - £25,000, dependent on experience
Length of Contract: 1 year
Reports to: Patient Advocacy Manager
This role would be ideal for anyone either looking to begin a career in policy or wanting to move from work alongside MPs to engaging with them as an external stakeholder.
Duties and responsibilities
- Influence policy which impacts the lives of people affected by blood cancer
- Maintain and grow a database of policy makers, build relationships and identify policy advocates for blood cancers
- Plan and implement Leukaemia Care policy initiatives which underpin the strategic plan
Work with the Campaigns Officer to identify issues that require campaigning activities
Project manage the work relating to access to medicines, including NICE appraisals and health technology assessments
- Undertake casework on behalf of individual patients, their families and/or in conjunction with other relevant professionals (e.g. social worker, benefits adviser, nurse).
- Provide administrative support to the Patient Advocacy Manager
Benefits of working for Leukaemia Care include:
- Pension contributions matched up to 7% of earnings
- 33 days annual leave, including 8 bank holidays, plus discretionary leave between Christmas and New Year
- Life Assurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sick pay
For a full job description, please read here: https://www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/advocacy-officer/.
Closing Date: 26 March 2021
Interviews will be conducted on the 8th and 9th of April. We may interview earlier and close the opportunity early if a suitable candidate is identified, so please do not delay in applying.
To start as soon as possible, no later than the 1st of May.
For a more detailed job description, please see our website here: https://www.leukaemiacare.org.uk/advocacy-officer/.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions relating to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your query to the Patient Advocacy Manager.
Due to the volume of the applications, we will only contact those who have been shortlisted for interview. If you do not hear from us by the 7th of April, please assume that you have not been successful on this occassion.