Date Added: 25 February 2021
: 15 March 2021
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Fabian Hamilton MP (Leeds North East)
Length of Contract: 6 months initial contract with a view to permanent
The job is 35 hours per week.
The initial contract would be for 6 months but would almost certainly be extended if everyone is happy. The job ceases if Fabian Hamilton ceases to be an MP for any reason.
The primary duties are:
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
We are particularly looking for someone with experience of dealing with the public and liaising with Government and other agencies and organisations. Some knowledge of Parliamentary procedures would be welcome.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 March 2021
Interviews will be virtual and will commence the week of 15 March.
Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org