Date Added: 17 February 2021
: 2 March 2021
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer +REMOVED
Working For: Andy Slaughter MP (Hammersmith)
Salary: £24,000pa (in line with IPSA pay scales)
Length of Contract: Fixed Term until February 2022
Andy Slaughter MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated Constituency Support Officer to support the work of his busy office.
As part of a team, the successful candidate will ensure that correspondence received by the Member is recorded and progressed appropriately on the Member’s behalf. The successful candidate will operate in a demanding political environment and must possess the ability and motivation to respond to a large and varied workload.
• Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by phone, email or letter under the supervision of Andy’s Senior Caseworker
• Log and monitor casework correspondence received using Caseworker.mp software, including the tagging and tracking of relevant trends and topics, in line with GDPR
• Support caseworkers through drafting enquiries to government and local agencies on behalf of constituents and progress casework in a sensitive and confidential manner
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
• Experience of working and dealing with the general public
• Clear and concise writing style
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Good IT skills including using MS Office Applications, experience using Caseworker.mp software is desirable but not essential
• Awareness of the functions of a Parliamentary Office and a willingness to ‘muck in’ with the work of the office
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour party
Please note that all Andy’s staff are currently working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions. This is constantly under review and when it is safe to do so, the successful candidate will work from the Constituency Office in Hammersmith.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 March 2021
We aim to hold interviews on 9th and 10th March 2021. Please note that interviews will be held via Zoom. We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and no later than 12th April 2021.
Please send a Word Document file containing your cover letter and CV to Louisa Ware by emailing email@example.com. Please also send 200 words on what you think the main issues in Hammersmith are likely to be in the next few years.
Applications will only be accepted by email.
REMOVED- 27/02/21- This role has been removed at the request of the original advertiser.