Date Added: 15 December 2020
: 14 February 2021
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant +REMOVED
Working For: Nusrat Ghani MP (Wealden)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, depending on experience.
Full time Parliamentary Assistant to work in Westminster or Wealden constituency office for a fixed term contract of 1 year.
Applicants should be able to process correspondence in a timely manner, posses a keen attention to detail and be comfortable composing letters.
• Respond to writing campaigns and policy emails in a timely manner, in line with the Members' views and wishes
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
• Provide generalist admin support
• Assist with casework as required
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 February 2021
Start date in January or February. Interviews to take place virtually, in the first instance.
May appoint prior to closing date of advert.
To apply, please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
REMOVED- 12/02/21- This role has now been filled. Please do not apply for this role.