Date Added: 26 November 2020
: 6 December 2020
Job Title: Head of Office/Chief of Staff
Working For: Richard Holden MP (North West Durham)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Richard Holden, Member of Parliament for North West Durham, is seeking a Head of Office/Chief of Staff to work in his Westminster office.
The ideal candidate will be hard-working and motivated and will oversee the day-to-day running of his Westminster office, as well as overseeing the constituency office at distance. The ideal candidate will have good political judgment and will work alongside the Senior Parliamentary Assistant and report directly to Richard. The position would suit someone with very strong organisational skills, attention to detail, very strong communication skills and who is confident taking decisions and delivering.
Responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with stakeholders at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the MP’s behalf
• Managing the Westminster Office including work relating to select committees and APPGs
• Providing strategic advice to the MP on issues on a local and national level
• Overseeing the work of the constituency office
• Working with the media on a local and national level
• Aiding with recruitment and management of staff
• Managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the MP informed of all relevant financial matters and liaising with IPSA
• Working closely alongside the Senior Parliamentary Assistant
• Excellent management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure
• Good current affairs knowledge
• Ability to manage and work in a team and work independently
Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 December 2020
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis with the successful candidate in post ASAP.
Applicants should submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com