Date Added: 13 October 2020
: 25 October 2020
Job Title: Communications Officer +REMOVED+
Working For: Julie Marson MP (Hertford and Stortford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales. 3 days a week.
Part-time, Fixed-term Contract. Three days per week until 31st January 2020.
I am looking for a self-motivated and skillful communicator to work with my team to help communicate my activity and that of the government to constituents. You would ideally have parliamentary experience, but this is not essential. You will need to demonstrate that you can work collaboratively but rapidly in a pressurised environment.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, drafting and sending correspondence on a wide range of policy issues
- Responding to mass email campaigns
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Communicating complex ideas to a range of stakeholders.
- Managing social media activity including on Facebook and Twitter
Key skills required:
- High standard of written communication
- Personable and able to easily communicate with people
- Well organised with an ability to effectively manage own workload and deliver to tight time scales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 October 2020
Interviews to begin immediately with a view to starting work no later than the end of October.
TO APPLY: Please send a CV and covering letter to Julie.marson.MP@parliament.uk with the subject title ‘Job Application: Communications Officer’
REMOVED 17/10/2020- This role has now been filled