Date Added: 22 September 2020
: 5 October 2020
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Clive Lewis MP (Norwich South)
Clive Lewis is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant/Researcher to work in his busy Westminster office. This exciting opportunity is offered on a full-time permanent basis, with a 6 month probationary period.
Duties and responsibilities
* Analyse, evaluate and interpret information to ensure MP is accurately informed on key issues
* Apply knowledge of parliamentary processes (including Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, written and oral questions and debates)
* Diary management and admin support
* Supervision of 1 staff member, interns and work experience placements
* Advise MP on policy issues
* Write articles, speeches and briefings for parliamentary debates, conferences and events
* Regularly update social media channels, monitor local and national media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues
* Undertake project work and project management responsibilities
* Undertake research on areas of interest to the MP
* Co-ordinate and communicate regularly with constituency office team about local and national issues of importance
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to manage own workload, prioritise and work under pressure
* Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills
* Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team
* Knowledge of the key issues concerning people in Norwich South
* Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of progressive politics
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 October 2020
Interviews will take place on Friday 9th October. The start date will be as soon as possible.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages each) to email@example.com detailing how you think you meet the requirements of the role.