Date Added: 22 September 2020
: 28 September 2020
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Network Rail
Salary: £32,740 to £36,832
It's an exciting time to join Network Rail in a time of transition with the Putting Passengers First programme. This plan is to provide the best possible service for passengers and freight users, to deliver the promises we've made for Control Period Six, and to improve the way we work together and with the industry.
You will work for the North West route that includes: Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
We're looking for hardworking people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having an exciting career, the right lifestyle balance and phenomenal benefits in a caring environment.
As Public Affairs Manager, you’ll be responsible for balancing relationships with a range of partners to build trust and understanding of our Railway Upgrade Plan. Your partners include politicians in Westminster, regional and local councillors, train and freight operator partners and other third-party customers.
During the week, you will:
- Deliver a partner engagement programme of dedicated engagement with MPs or meaningful legislative or other assemblies on behalf of Network Rail, seeking to highlight the company’s plans, activities and strategies
- Manage public affairs activities to highlight railway investment, issues or opportunities, including meetings, events, receptions and tours
- Maintain an awareness of events and programmed company activities that may require planned public affairs activities
- Develop and implement public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities
- Devise and implement the major incident communications plan as required
Do you have….?
- Experience in public affairs, government or partner communications
- Excellent political awareness and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eloquent individual with the credibility and gravitas to work effectively with senior partners
- A high level influencer, able to influence and impact at a senior level
- Able to grasp, understand and promote sophisticated and sensitive issues in a persuasive and no-nonsense way
- A creative problem solver, who can think across subject areas to plan and deliver coordinated communications
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 28 September 2020
Interviews to be held in October.
Start date ASAP.
To apply, please click here: https://iebsprodnwrl.omcs.networkrail.co.uk/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&p_svid=2194286&p_spid=7028846&refsh=0