Date Added: 21 September 2020
: 12 October 2020
Job Title: Senior Strategic Communications Officer
Working For: Aldersgate Group
Salary: £33-35k per annum
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Strategic Communications Officer. The successful candidate will join a small Secretariat (of seven) to manage all strategic communications, media outreach and events of the Group.
Main duties and responsabilities:
1. Strategic Communications:
- Contributing to the group’s external media work, including the preparation of
- Developing a proactive media strategy in partnership with the Public Affairs
Manager and an up-to-date timeline of key communications moments
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant journalists and key
stakeholders’ media departments, including departmental media offices and
members’ communications teams
2. Social media: developing a blog strategy for the Group’s website, managing the
Aldersgate Group Twitter feed, monitoring relevant online news and social media
(Twitter, LinkedIn) and keeping colleagues updated through daily media briefs.
3. Report design management: handling design and print of external reports, in
collaboration with the Group’s design partner.
4. Events: managing events, including speaker invitations and briefings. The Strategic
Communications Officer will also be asked to attend some external events on behalf
of the Aldersgate Group and to sit on a variety of coalition fora on behalf of the
5. Internal communications: building relationships with all of the Aldersgate Group’s
members, answering their queries and all reasonable requests, writing and circulating
membership updates (using Mailchimp) and keeping up to date with all sectors
represented in the Group’s membership to feed into external communications and
identify potential new member organisations
For more information, go to https://www.aldersgategroup.org.uk/latest#we-re-recruiting-senior-strategic-communications-officer
Closing Date: 12 October 2020
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 9am on 12 October. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications. Successful applicants will be invited to interview on week commencing 19 October 2020.
Please email your CV (max two sides) and covering letter (max one side) to Signe Norberg ( email@example.com ).