Date Added: 16 September 2020
: 24 September 2020
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rosena Allin-Khan MP (Tooting)
Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP is looking for a hardworking and dedicated caseworker to join #TeamRosena. Since being elected in 2016, Dr Rosena has assisted tens of thousands of local people with issues and concerns – you’ll play a pivotal part in helping Dr Rosena to make this happen. You will have a key role in a small team, often being the first point of contact for many local residents.
The successful candidate will be expected to primarily work from home during this pandemic, but occasionally working in an office and sometimes attending local meetings with Rosena.
To fit into the role, you will have the following essential qualities:
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team, to strict deadlines.
• Great people skills – you will have patience, along with a calm, professional but empathetic manner.
• Excellent IT skills, including using databases and MS Office Applications.
• The ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard.
• The ability to adapt to changing environments, juggling many responsibilities at once with a constantly positive and flexible approach.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality and be able to demonstrate this.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
The perfect candidate, will have these desirable but not essential qualities:
• Experience of working with the public and providing help and advice on a range of issues; including housing, welfare and immigration amongst others.
• Demonstrate an understanding the main issues faced by Tooting residents and businesses.
Here’s what you will be doing:
• Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings (virtually or in person) as appropriate.
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public.
• Drafting responses to constituents.
• Establishing a social media presence in the constituency and publicising surgeries etc.
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
• Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the law.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
Deadline to apply is 5:00pm on Thursday 24th September, interviews will take place on Monday 28th September with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
To join #TeamRosena, go to this link: www.drrosena.co.uk/caseworkerapp